Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cythia Greig

Cynthia Greig: Artist Statement

Representations
For me, the coexistence of contradictions marks the moment when apparent realities collide. When we recognize that something is both askew and right on the mark, confusion and/or enlightenment usually follow. Humor and irony often color my work as I play with visual miscues and the deceptive nature of first impressions. My photographs explore the exchange of influence between perception and experience, and the camera's role in negotiating what we consider to be reality. Using the inherent properties of the camera's lens and photographic film, I make images that investigate how information can infiltrate our consciousness, occupy our memory and affect our understanding of the world we live in.


No comments:

Post a Comment